Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks are an easy, super family-friendly weeknight dinner choice. They're ready in under 30 minutes and require a fraction of the oil called for in other methods.
- 6 chicken drumsticks skin-on
- 1 tablespoon oil like vegetable or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
Place the chicken and oil in a gallon-sized plastic storage bag. Move the chicken around inside the bag until completely coated with oil.
In a small bowl add the herbs and spices and combine well. Sprinkle the mixture into the bag, seal, and shake until the drumsticks are completely coated.
Put the drumsticks into the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the pieces over and then cook for another 9 to 10 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F when measured in the meatiest portion of the drumstick.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- For BBQ flavored drumsticks, substitute chili powder (regular or chipotle) for the Italian seasoning and smoked paprika for the regular paprika and serve them with your favorite BBQ sauce for dipping.
- When air frying, you want to use a high smoke point oil like vegetable oil. Extra virgin olive oil has a lower smoke point and although a healthy choice, it is not the best choice for air frying. For a healthy fat oil with a higher smoke point, give avocado oil a try.
Serving: 2drumsticksCalories: 290kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 27gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 934mgPotassium: 365mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 398IUCalcium: 26mgIron: 1mg
All information provided regarding nutrition on this website is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Content related to nutrition is not medical advice nor is it intended to replace medical advice. The website is not intended to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury. Before beginning any diet program, modifying your diet, or making changes to the diet of a child in your care, including following the nutrition information available on the website, you should seek advice from a licensed professional.
Nutrition Information Disclaimer