Tuna Salad with Capers and Dill
This lightened up Tuna Salad with Capers and Dill is loaded with great flavor with less fat and calories than traditional tuna salad. An easy, make-ahead lunch at home or on the go!
For the Tuna Salad
- 12 ounces solid white albacore in water well drained (like Wild Planet or Bumble Bee wild caught)
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise like olive oil mayonnaise
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
Optional for Serving
- 8 slices multigrain sandwich bread
- sliced tomato
- mixed greens
- 4 avocados halved, pits removed
Nutrition information was calculated for tuna salad only and does not include optional toppings.
Layer the tuna salad on sturdy sandwich bread with your toppings of choice.
For a low carb meal, layer the tuna salad on thick slices of tomato or stuff halved, pitted avocados with the tuna salad and add any toppings you love.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within 3 days for the best quality.
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 646mg | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 74IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg