A clean and easy oven method creates these tasty, low carb Chicken Bites. Load up a sheet pan and pop them in the oven for a meal the whole family will love.
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons salt-free garlic pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter cut into 12 small pieces
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Place your oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes and spread them out over a cutting board or large sheet of foil.
In a small bowl, combine all the seasonings and sprinkle over the chicken cubes. Drizzle olive oil over the top of the chicken and toss to coat all sides of the chicken with oil and the seasoning mix. Spread the seasoned chicken cubes over the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Scatter the small pieces of butter over the top.
Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir the chicken bites with a spatula, spreading the chicken bites back out in an even layer. Continue to bake for an additional 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. when measured with an instant read thermometer. Remove from oven.
Move oven rack up one position (about 7-inches from heating element) and set the oven to broil. Return the baking sheet to the oven and cook for an additional 2 minutes until browned to your liking.
Sprinkle chicken with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
- Look for salt-free garlic pepper from brands like McCormick to keep sodium levels low. If your mixture contains salt, be sure to adjust the amount of kosher salt accordingly.
- A small amount of cayenne adds a bit of zip but not much heat and can be increased or omitted altogether to suit your taste.
- To reheat Chicken Bites without drying them out, sprinkle them with a little broth or water. Cover the dish with a paper towel and heat briefly in the microwave.
Serving: 5ounces | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 480mg | Potassium: 536mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 288IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg