Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These Chicken Lettuce Wraps are light in calories and big in flavor. This fun, family-friendly meal takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
Stir Fry Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce gluten-free*, if needed
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce or tamari or coconut aminos if gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger root
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Chicken and Veggie Filling:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound 96% lean ground chicken or ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or to taste (optional)
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms stemmed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 8 ounce can water chestnuts drained and finely chopped (optional)
- 6 green onions thinly sliced, divided
- finely diced or grated carrots, diced zucchini
- 1 head butter (bib) lettuce (12 leaves) separated into individual leaves
- sweet chili sauce* and/or Sriracha for serving
In a small bowl combine hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger root, sesame oil, and garlic. Set aside.
Add the vegetable oil to a deep 12-inch skillet or saute pan and place it over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring to break up the meat, for 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through. Drain off the excess grease and return the skillet to the heat. Season the chicken with salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper (if using), to taste. Add the mushrooms, red bell pepper, water chestnuts (if using) and any other optional vegetables to the skillet and cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the veggies are beginning to soften. Add the stir fry sauce and half of the green onions. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes more or until the veggies are fork tender. Remove from the heat and garnish with the remaining green onions.
To serve, fold 2 to 3 tablespoons of the filling inside a lettuce leaf and garnish with sweet chili sauce or Sriracha, as desired.
Nutrition information was calculated without the optional ingredients.
*Look for gluten-free hoisin and sweet chili sauce, like Kikkoman or Thai Kitchen, if needed.
Serving: 3wrapsCalories: 232kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 25gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 795mgPotassium: 832mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 899IUVitamin C: 27mgCalcium: 27mgIron: 2mg
All information provided regarding nutrition on this website is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Content related to nutrition is not medical advice nor is it intended to replace medical advice. The website is not intended to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury. Before beginning any diet program, modifying your diet, or making changes to the diet of a child in your care, including following the nutrition information available on the website, you should seek advice from a licensed professional.
Nutrition Information Disclaimer