This Air Fryer Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower is a delicious, low carb way to add interest to your menu. A nutritious, flavorful side dish!
Oh, cauliflower! You versatile thing, you!
I believe cauliflower to be the most versatile of all veggies. It takes on a totally different texture and flavor profile depending on whether it is baked, boiled, whirled in a food processor, or roasted in an air fryer. It is the perfect host for a variety of seasonings and the possibilities are literally endless!
This simple Air Fryer Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower is such a fun way to add a ton of interest to your menu. You’ll definitely get some “ooohs” and “aaahs” from the crowd when this vibrant yellow roasted cauliflower is served.
- Cauliflower – A medium-sized head of cauliflower sliced into florets.
- Oil – When cooking at high temperatures, it is important to use an oil with a high smoke point like light olive oil, avocado oil, or canola oil.
- Seasoning – Look for turmeric in the spice section of your grocery store. It adds a gorgeous, bright yellow tinge and it’s unique flavor to the roasted cauliflower. More great flavor comes from a little garlic powder, salt and pepper.
What is Turmeric?
This vibrant, yellow-orange spice has a lot going on! Like ginger root, it is a rhizome, but is most commonly sold as a dried and powdered spice. It has an earthy, slightly peppery but mild flavor and is frequently used in Asian and Indian cuisine. A small amount adds great color to soups, stews, and spice rubs. Turmeric is a main component in curry powder and responsible for its bright color and has become exceptionally trendy over the years due to its robust anti-inflammatory properties.
How to Make Air Fryer Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large bowl and toss it with oil. Sprinkle the turmeric, garlic powder, salt, and pepper over the top.
- Toss well until the florets are well coated with the spices.
- Pour the cauliflower into the preheated air fryer basket and cook for 15 to 17 minutes, pulling out and shaking the basket every 5 minutes. Watch it closely towards the end of the cooking time to avoid burning the cauliflower.
- Check the cauliflower at 15 minutes and cook until it appears roasted and is fork tender.
Serve this Air Fryer Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower just as you would any conventional roasted cauliflower recipe. It’s a fun, colorful side dish that will wake up your plate! It is a great choice to go along with Turkey Meatloaf with BBQ Glaze or Turkey Couscous Meatloaf. It is the perfect way to round out a low carb meal with tasty Chicken Bites.
Air Fryer Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, canola, or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large bowl and toss with the olive oil. Sprinkle the turmeric, garlic powder, salt, and pepper over the top and toss well until the florets are well coated with the spices.
- Pour the cauliflower into the preheated air fryer basket and cook for 15 to 17 minutes, pulling out and shaking the basket every 5 minutes. Check the cauliflower at 15 minutes and cook until it appears roasted and is fork tender.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated using generic ingredients, and is an estimate not a guarantee. For more accurate results, please refer to the labels on your ingredients at home. All information provided regarding nutrition on this website is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Content related to nutrition is not medical advice nor is it intended to replace medical advice. The website is not intended to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury. Before beginning any diet program, modifying your diet, or making changes to the diet of a child in your care, including following the nutrition information available on the website, you should seek advice from a licensed professional.