This easy Spinach Parmesan Tortellini Bake is a satisfying meatless meal for a busy weeknight. It has only four ingredients and takes just minutes to put together.
I’ve been having more and more of those days when the to-do list in my day planner practically runs off the page and I know dinner is going to be a challenge. I make an effort to include at least one or two super simple meals on the menu each week that I can turn to on those crazy, busy days. This is one of those recipes!
Fast and Easy Tortellini Bake
- A short ingredient list of easy to stock items.
- Cheese tortellini is a filling, satisfying way to go meatless.
- Fresh baby spinach adds color and a a boost of vitamins and minerals.
- This easy dinner takes a mere 5 minutes to assemble before it goes in the oven.
- Refrigerated cheese tortellini – For a vegetarian tortellini casserole, stick with cheese tortellini. Meat tortellini is a great choice too.
- Fresh baby spinach
- Marinara sauce – I’ve use a variety of different sauces with a great result for this tortellini bake. A spicy marinara or arrabiata sauce will give it a little kick. You can also use a low sodium tomato basil marinara and add a touch of crushed red pepper flakes to reduce the sodium content and still get a little heat.
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
How to Make Spinach Parmesan Tortellini Bake
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add the tortellini. Cook for 2 minutes then promptly drain well and transfer it to a baking dish that you’ve coated with nonstick cooking spray. Add the fresh spinach to the hot tortellini and toss to combine, making sure that some of the tortellini ends up on top.
- Pour the marinara sauce evenly over the top and don’t stir.
- Sprinkle the crushed red pepper flakes (if using) and Parmesan over the top. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes in a preheated 350 degree F oven. Remove the foil and bake another 5 minutes or until heated through.
To ensure that cheesy casseroles don’t stick when covered with foil, coat the underside of the foil with nonstick cooking spray before covering the dish.
- Use any type of tortellini you love. Both cheese and meat tortellini are delicious in this tortellini casserole.
- Try it with refrigerated ravioli.
- More cheese never hurts! Try adding a little shredded mozzarella for a cheesy tortellini bake
More Fast Weeknight Dinners
Spinach Parmesan Tortellini Bake
- 24 to 30 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini, or any flavor you love
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 24 ounces marinara sauce, look for a low sodium sauce
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional and to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add the tortellini. Cook for 2 minutes then promptly drain well and transfer it to the prepared baking dish. Add the fresh spinach to the hot tortellini and toss to combine, making sure that some of the tortellini ends up on top. Pour the marinara sauce evenly over the top and DON'T STIR. Sprinkle the crushed red pepper flakes (if using) and Parmesan over the top.
- Coat the underside of a sheet of foil with nonstick cooking spray and place it, coated side down on top of the baking dish. Crimp the edges and transfer to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 5 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated using generic ingredients, and is an estimate not a guarantee. For more accurate results, please refer to the labels on your ingredients at home. All information provided regarding nutrition on this website is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Content related to nutrition is not medical advice nor is it intended to replace medical advice. The website is not intended to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury. Before beginning any diet program, modifying your diet, or making changes to the diet of a child in your care, including following the nutrition information available on the website, you should seek advice from a licensed professional.