Super moist Paleo Banana Bread topped with almond butter. This gluten free banana bread is perfect for breakfast on the go or part of a brunch spread!
This is the perfect banana bread recipe whether you’re trying to eat a little healthier or wanting a banana bread that the entire family will love!
We substitute the white flour for coconut flour, vegetable oil for coconut oil, and the white sugar for coconut sugar in this tasty gluten free Paleo Banana Bread!
- over ripe bananas
- almond butter
- coconut oil
- coconut sugar
- vanilla extract
- coconut flour
- paleo baking powder
- baking soda
How to Make Paleo Baking Powder
If you don’t have paleo baking powder on hand you can make your own with 2 parts cream of tartar, 1 part baking soda and 1 part either arrowroot starch or tapioca starch.
In a pinch you can look for a gluten, aluminum and grain free baking powder such as Pamela’s.
How to Make Paleo Banana Bread
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and grease.
In a large bowl combine mashed bananas, almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
Then in a separate small bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
Add the eggs to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Then, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until completely combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and LAY SLICED BANANA ON TOP of the batter. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the top is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before gently removing it from the pan to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Take this banana bread to the next level by slathering almond butter all over the top!
Make this an on the go meal by pairing it with a few hard boiled eggs. It’ll be a delicious and filling paleo breakfast! Or make this part of a brunch spread by adding fresh fruit, eggs, bacon and sausage.
Paleo Banana Bread
- 2 medium overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup almond butter, (plus additional for topping if desired)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paleo baking powder, (see note below)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and grease. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or in a regular bowl, combine bananas, almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl combine coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Add eggs one at a time to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until completely combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and LAY SLICED BANANA ON TOP bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until top is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before gently removing the loaf from the pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Slice and serve with additional almond butter, if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated using generic ingredients, and is an estimate not a guarantee. For more accurate results, please refer to the labels on your ingredients at home. All information provided regarding nutrition on this website is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Content related to nutrition is not medical advice nor is it intended to replace medical advice. The website is not intended to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury. Before beginning any diet program, modifying your diet, or making changes to the diet of a child in your care, including following the nutrition information available on the website, you should seek advice from a licensed professional.