These Air Fryer Scallops are super tender, flavorful, and perfectly cooked. Serve them over pasta for an easy weeknight dinner in about 15 minutes!
Growing up in Florida, you better believe I learned to love some good seafood! I used to fish every weekend with my dad, so I was always spoiled with fresh fish, oysters and clams. I never went scalloping because that’s more of a West Coast thing, but we used to cook scallops from the grocery store on the stovetop.
Since air frying is my newest obsession, I wanted to try cooking scallops in an air fryer to see if they would come out just as good as they do in a skillet.
Spoiler alert, they do!
- Fast and easy – Air Fryer Scallops take just 15 minutes from start to finish.
- Easy cleanup – The air fryer requires less oil making clean up insanely easy!
- Lean protein – Scallops contain 11g of protein and just 4g of fat per serving.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Scallops
- Scallops – I use sea scallops which can be up to 3 times larger than small bay scallops. It’s a personal preference, but either will work in the air fryer. If using bay scallops, just reduce the cooking time by a few minutes to avoid overcooking them.
- Oil – Either olive oil or avocado oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parsley – Optional but it adds some color and a little fresh herby-ness.
How to Cook Scallops in an Air Fryer
- Toss the scallops with the oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Next, transfer the scallops to the air fryer basket. Cook the scallops at 390 F. for 9 to 10 minutes, flipping halfway. You’ll know they are fully cooked when they’ve reached an internal temperature of 145 F when measured with a meat thermometer.
- Transfer the cooked scallops to a plate and squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top. Garnish with a little fresh parsley and serve over cooked pasta.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Need more reasons to love your air fryer? Below are some of my favorite easy recipes. Whether you want a quick and easy snack or food to meal prep, the air fryer is your best friend.
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- Perfect Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
Air Fryer Scallops
- Place the scallops in a medium bowl. Add the olive oil, garlic, kosher salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer to the air fryer basket. Cook at 390 F for 9 to 10 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time. Continue to cook until the scallops reach an internal temperature of 145 F.
- Transfer the scallops to a plate. Squeeze lemon juice over the top and garnish with parsley. Serve over pasta with additional lemon wedges on the side.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated using generic ingredients, and is an estimate not a guarantee. For more accurate results, please refer to the labels on your ingredients at home. All information provided regarding nutrition on this website is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Content related to nutrition is not medical advice nor is it intended to replace medical advice. The website is not intended to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury. Before beginning any diet program, modifying your diet, or making changes to the diet of a child in your care, including following the nutrition information available on the website, you should seek advice from a licensed professional.