This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Healthy Mango Smoothie takes just minutes to make and is a fresh, delicious way to start your day.
We’re in the midst of a gorgeous summer here in Oregon. It’s these crystal clear, blue sky mornings that I wake up finding myself craving a fresh, creamy smoothie. My blender has been getting heavy use over the past couple of weeks.
Frozen chunks of naturally sweet mango and banana combined with a little plain Greek yogurt and a coconut nut/almond milk blend create this Healthy Mango Smoothie. With less than 130 calories per serving and a good amount of vitamins A, C, and potassium, it is a truly nutritious, delicious treat.
- Frozen mango – You can flash freeze fresh mango chunks or be lazy like me and pick up a bag of frozen mango chunks at the grocery store. Using frozen mango ensures a nice, thick consistency.
- Banana – Fresh is fine but for a creamier consistency, use frozen banana. Pop a few in the freezer so you’ll always have them on hand when a smoothie craving strikes.
- Coconut/Almond Milk – Unsweetened coconut milk adds a nice tropical hint of coconut that I really love but almond milk is a great choice too. I like to use a coconut milk/almond milk blend for the best of both worlds. Just be sure whatever you choose is unsweetened.
- Plain Greek yogurt – Either full fat, 2%, or nonfat is great. Go with what works best for you.
- Orange juice – Fresh squeezed or read the label and be sure you are using 100% juice with no sugar added.
- Honey – Mango is naturally sweet so you only need a very small amount of honey to sweeten this smoothie. From time to time I will substitute agave syrup.
- Pure vanilla extract – Just a touch of vanilla adds a nice warm flavor.
How to Make Healthy Mango Smoothies
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. Add additional coconut/almond milk as needed to reach the desired consistency. It helps immensely if you use a high powered blender like a Nutri Ninja (which I own and love!).
- Divide between four 8-ounce cups. Top with a few pieces of mango for a nice and yummy effect.
A gorgeous burst of sunshine in a glass on a warm summer day!
Check out our full collection of Breakfast recipes for more wholesome morning inspiration.
Healthy Mango Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt I used 2%
- 1 small to medium banana frozen if desired
- ½ cup 100% orange juice make sure it is 100% juice, no sugar added
- 1 cup unsweetened almond coconut milk blend add more for a thinner consistency (see Notes below)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. Add additional almond/coconut milk if a thinner consistency is desired.
All information provided regarding nutrition on this website is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Content related to nutrition is not medical advice nor is it intended to replace medical advice. The website is not intended to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury. Before beginning any diet program, modifying your diet, or making changes to the diet of a child in your care, including following the nutrition information available on the website, you should seek advice from a licensed professional.