Bake a sheet pan full of these mini chicken tostadas in about 30 minutes for an easy dinner or fun party snack. Crispy baked street taco tortillas are loaded with beans, chicken, cheese and your favorite toppings.
Street taco size tortillas are not for tacos alone. Oh, no! They are the perfect size for loading up a large baking sheet so you can make twelve mini tostadas all at once. A short ingredient list, including rotisserie chicken, makes this mini tostada recipe a very budget-friendly choice.
We’ve been loving these little tostadas for dinner but I think they are a fabulous choice for entertaining. And, if you happen have teenagers in the house, just set these Sheet Pan Tostadas down in front of them and watch them disappear, fast!
Healthier Sheet Pan Tostadas
Long ago I discovered that instead of frying corn tortillas in oil on the stove, they can be crisped in the oven using only a small amount of oil. This method is not just healthier, it’s cleaner, easier, and you can make enough of these mini chicken tostadas to feed your family in one batch. I first used this method for my Veggie Tostadas and I’ve never turned back.
Using street taco size tortillas also helps with portion control. Two of these Mini Sheet Pan Tostadas make a satisfying meal and they only contain about 164 calories each. And, that’s including the toppings you see pictured in this post!
- Street taco corn tortillas – These small, approximately 4-inch tortillas are perfect for tacos and mini tostadas. Either yellow or white corn tortillas will work.
- Oil – Vegetable or canola oil for brushing on the tortillas.
- Refried beans – I go back and forth between using traditional and black refried beans. They are both great on these tostadas.
- Shredded rotisserie chicken breast – The cost of a rotisserie chicken at big box stores like Costco is still holding strong making it a far more economical choice than cooking your own. It’s also so much easier!
- Shredded cheese – I use a combination of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Optional toppings – Top them with a little light or regular sour cream, finely diced red onion, fresh cilantro leaves, and chopped cherry or grape tomatoes. And, don’t forget the hot sauce! We love Cholula. You could also add guacamole, salsa, or pico de gallo.
How to Make Sheet Pan Tostadas
- Brush both sides of the tortillas with oil and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet. They’ll be very close together but will shrink slightly after the first bake. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or until firmed up but not overly browned or crisp.
- Flip the tortillas over and spread them with refried beans.
- Top with the shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Finally, top them with cheese and return them to the oven and bake for an additional 5 to 6 minutes or until the beans and chicken are heated through and the cheese is melted.
Garnish the mini tostadas with any or all of the optional toppings are you are ready to serve!
More Wholesome Mexican-Inspired Recipes
- Air Fryer Cream Cheese Chicken Taquitos
- Portobello Mushroom Fajitas
- Beef and Vegetable Taco Bake
- Turkey Tacos
Mini Sheet Pan Tostadas
- 12 street taco size corn tortillas, approximately 4-inch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil, or as needed
- 16 ounce can traditional refried beans, I used just shy of 1 can
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast meat
- 2 cups shredded cheese, sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack
- ⅓ cup sour cream, or as needed
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion, or as needed
- ¼ cup chopped or torn cilantro leaves, or as needed
- 6 cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- hot sauce, I used Cholula
- Line a large baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Brush both sides of the tortillas with oil and place on the prepared cookie sheet) they’ll be very close together but will shrink slightly after first bake). Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or until firmed up but not overly browned or crisp (they’ll crisp up a bit as they rest and during 2nd bake).
- Remove the baking sheet and let the tortillas rest for about 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Flip the tortillas over and spread each one with refried beans and top with chicken and cheese. Return the tostadas to the oven and bake for an additional 5 to 6 minutes or until the beans and chicken are heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Top each mini tostada with a small dollop (about 1+ teaspoon) of sour cream, a little diced onion, 2 pieces of cherry tomato (stuck in sour cream), and a little cilantro. Serve with the hot sauce.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated using generic ingredients, and is an estimate not a guarantee. For more accurate results, please refer to the labels on your ingredients at home. All information provided regarding nutrition on this website is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Content related to nutrition is not medical advice nor is it intended to replace medical advice. The website is not intended to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury. Before beginning any diet program, modifying your diet, or making changes to the diet of a child in your care, including following the nutrition information available on the website, you should seek advice from a licensed professional.